[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Manual for your own extension

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 28 15:12:21 CEST 2014

It's good that documentation is being addressed, that is the worst aspect I think (at least compared to wordpress) with TYPO3, I hate downloading an extension only to find that there is no documentation. That's why I always try and write comprehensive documentation for my public extensions - some people even complemented me on my documentaton ;) - although they are not without mistakes. That is also something that annoys me about the documentation in OOo format, if you see a spelling mistake you can't just edit in - 2 seconds and done. You need to be on a computer with OOo installed, have access to the original file, and then resubmit your extension to the TER through an installed version of TYPO3 - I hope this isn't still required when you use sphinx?

I shall look again at the documentation on setting up everything to start making new documentation, but I shall probably wait for a new extension before using sphinx.

Once it's created though, can anyone edit it? Or do you need to have a webserver with typo3 installed? And instal that sphinx extension?

I shall also look at creating a wiki page, I don't like using OOo, I would rather use something that is already installed and working with out needing a webserver and stuff (which sphinx seems to require - at least for creating the initial documentation template), that anyone could edit. I often see things that could be changed in other extensions' manuals, but there doesn't seem to be any community way of editing it.