[TYPO3-english] Manual for your own extension

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Jul 28 10:02:33 CEST 2014

Hi TYPO3 fans,

Writing in this list instead of the developer one because I suspect it
will get more attention for the target group.

I regularly see brand new extensions being uploaded to TER with an
OpenOffice manual. Although I personally value much more an extension
coming with a manual - even if not yet complete - as one without any
info, I cannot stress enough that OpenOffice manual is considered
"legacy practice".

This official link will show you how you should write your manuals nowadays:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ExtensionArchitecture/Documentation/Index.html

Please help to spread the word and, if you find some old info (wiki,
...), to adapt it accordingly.

Thanks for understanding that the terrific code and software you are
writing deserves a proper documentation to be usable by others; so that,
in turn, you too inspire people to share.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member