[TYPO3-english] Web->Template is Missing in 4.5.34?

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Thu Jul 24 01:12:33 CEST 2014

On 23/07/14 07:27, Scotty C wrote:

> We're building a new system for a client and due to some extension
> compatibility, we've decided to stick with 4.5.x.

Keep in mind, that support for TYPO3 CMS 4.5 will end in March 2015 and
you (or "someone") have to update the instance then. Using 6.2 for a new
website development now, ensures you get support for the next three
years at least (well, about 2.5ys from now).

> The latest at the time is 4.5.34, which we installed no problem.

TYPO3 CMS 4.5.35 was released on 08 July 2014 - sorry, for being a
smart-arse ;-)

> However, "Template" is missing from the "Web" list???

That's weird. Are you sure, you logged in at the backend as a user with
admin privileges (editors with restricted access rights don't see
"Templates")?

Check if the systextension "tstemplate" is installed: Under ADMIN TOOLS,
go to "Extension Manager". Select "Install extensions" from the dropdown
box at the top. Tick the checkbox "Display shy extensions", enter
"template" in the "Look up:" field and click "Search".

The result should list something like:

Backend Modules
Web>Template - tstemplate - 1.0.1
Web>Template, Constant Editor - tstemplate_ceditor - 0.1.0
Web>Template, Info/Modify - tstemplate_info - 1.0.0
Web>Template, Object Browser - tstemplate_objbrowser - 1.0.0
Web>Template, Template analyzer - tstemplate_analyzer - 1.0.0
[...]

...and they should all be marked green (installed and loaded). If not,
install them by clicking on the grey Lego brick with the "plus" symbol.

> Can anyone tell me how to get it back? Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Michael