[TYPO3-english] Fluid ViewHelper <f:format.html> not parsing file links

Ian Devlin ian at iandevlin.com
Wed Jul 23 11:02:01 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I'm having a little problem and am just wondering if the rest of you are
also seeing it.

I have an extension, and one of the fields allows RTE data, and of course
the editors can use the Link Wizard to add links to external sites,
internal pages and the like.
But when a user links to a file, it isn't being rendered correctly.

In my template I use <f:format.html> to render the content. I know that the
default parsers used in thhis ViewHelper is lib.parseFunc_RTE, but I have
also tried to explicitly set it using parseFuncTSPath but to no avail.

The link only ever gets written as something like:
file download">Link to File</a>

As you can see, the link is not getting parsed at all.

It is also saved to the database like this.

I am using TYPO3 6.2.3 at the moment, although I did also test this on
6.2.4, 6.2.2, and 6.2.1 all with the same result.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,