[TYPO3-english] Flexible menu starting points

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 22 23:42:13 CEST 2014

>> special.value.data = levelfield:-1, myfieldname, slide
>
> So, there is something like register rootline fields in Install tool?
> Can you give some more hints where to look because i never saw this?

Go to "All Configuration" and open the FE accordion

addRootlineFields

>> The slide option will make levelfield start at the given level and then
>> check for an existing value of that field down the rooltine until a
>> value will be found or the root page is reached. Is there a value on
>> page J? No? - OK, check page G and so on.
>
> So, if I set levelfield to -1 it will slide to -2,-3 etc., not to 0,1,2..?

Exactly - positive and negative starting values will both slide "up the
rootline", so they will start at the given position and then go to the
parent levels until there is something to be found.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de