[TYPO3-english] Typo3 6.2.3 fronend errror

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jul 18 14:58:52 CEST 2014

> In previous posts you more or less admitted to work with a copy of a
> site made by AOE for Bluestar inc. Unless you have permission from AOE
> and Bluestar inc to use it, this is not very nice.

Well - actually having permission by Bluestar should be enough, since
AOE was just the company, who has built the current website of that
client. Assuming that the copy Ramaraju is working on could somehow be
illegal is not very nice as well.

BTW: Taking a look at the current version of that site shows, that it
has been done on TYPO3 6.0, which is quite outdated and known to be
problematic in several areas, since the code was completely rewritten at
that time. So it seems that the site is not maintained by AOE anymore,
since I would not expect them to have their client's sites running on
outdated and unsupported TYPO3 versions.

@Ramaraju: So it seems, as if AOE made some patches to the original core
of that site to fix some bugs, introduce new features or improve the
performance. Since that particular version of TYPO3 is not supported
anymore, I would recommend to update the source to the latest 6.2.x
version and start fixing problems based on a cleaner code base.
Otherwise you would do the work twice, first while getting the site up
and running, second while making it work with the latest TYPO3 core.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de