[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Re: [backend] real name truncated to the first letter when logging in

Jerome P portal.j at hotmail.fr
Mon Jul 14 18:25:24 CEST 2014

.. I found what was the problem...
I had an absolute confidence in the existing LDAP config for ig_ldap_sso_auth, so I didn't really put that into question, and I may have read it too quickly ; but it seems there was a little error.

The mapping for be_user included the line :
realName=<displayName>

The problem is, when I checked some LDAP attributes with the search wizard of the extension, I realized that displayName was always empty ! (so this problem affected all the BE users)

So whatever I write for my realname, the next connection would map it to this empty value...
Well not exactly, as my realname become "J".
This "J" doesn't seem to come from LDAP (I didn't see any LDAP attribute for my user that begin with a "J"), but in the same time, it can't either come from TYPO3 database ; indeed when I renamed my user realname to "Toto P.", at the next login it became "J" again (and there is no field beginning with a "J" for my user inside the database). So I suppose there are some LDAP attributes I can't see from the backend...

I don't know why there was no effect with TYPO3 4.5, maybe the extension didn't do the mapping if the field to use was empty, and instead continue to use the current real name of the user ?

So in the end, I just removed "realName=<displayName>" from my be_user mapping.
Problem solved !
Again, thank you for your help Bernd (and sorry for having wasted your time just because I wasn't careful enough) !