[TYPO3-english] [backend] real name truncated to the first letter when logging in

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jul 14 14:40:29 CEST 2014

Am 14.07.14 14:11, schrieb Jerome P:
> Wow, that's a quick answer :-)
>
> Yes I agree with this idea of a database update on login ; but I would
> be surprised if it was the same code which update "last_login" and
> truncate the field "real name". Otherwise this would mean there is a
> real problem with TYPO3 itself ;-)

not neccessarrily.
it depends which data is exchanged by ldap service and these data may
have other coding and the interface looses all info after special
characters. and the update of lastlogin may update all fields including
the truncated name.

> Also, I have a TYPO3 6.2 installation, so these older installations
> problems with md5 shouldn't have any effect here.
>
> LDAP is used for backend login, with the ig_ldap_sso_auth extension
> (version 1.2.0, the most recent). It has the same config than when the
> installation was TYPO3 4.5 (ig_ldap_sso_auth was version 1.0.10, but
> that's all).
> I checked again in the extension module in the backend (the "LDAP / SSO"
> module), but AFAIK there is nothing in the config that would cause these
> updates on the real name.

it may not be an intended change but a side effect.
As I have no experience with the auth services and LDAP in special
someone else has to take care about this case.

Bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html