[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: [backend] real name truncated to the first letter when logging in

Jerome P portal.j at hotmail.fr
Mon Jul 14 14:11:24 CEST 2014

Wow, that's a quick answer :-)

Yes I agree with this idea of a database update on login ; but I would be surprised if it was the same code which update "last_login" and truncate the field "real name". Otherwise this would mean there is a real problem with TYPO3 itself ;-)

Also, I have a TYPO3 6.2 installation, so these older installations problems with md5 shouldn't have any effect here.

LDAP is used for backend login, with the ig_ldap_sso_auth extension (version 1.2.0, the most recent). It has the same config than when the installation was TYPO3 4.5 (ig_ldap_sso_auth was version 1.0.10, but that's all).
I checked again in the extension module in the backend (the "LDAP / SSO" module), but AFAIK there is nothing in the config that would cause these updates on the real name.