[TYPO3-english] css styled content

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jul 14 11:47:30 CEST 2014

Am 14.07.14 10:09, schrieb Pero Peric:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering (after 10 years of working with TYPO3 :-) if you find
> css_styled_content and it's default css styles inserted "everywhere"
> unnecessarily? I mean, when building a TYPO3 site, first thing that i
> try to do is to get rid of all default CSS. Why? I always get a site
> design from web designers, so this just look like an overhead to me.
> Forcing web designers to use TYPO3 css classes sounds a bit silly for
> me. How rest of you deal with this?

that has been done by some guys for years.
depending on the last modern styles, where TYPO3 CSC was not ready for,
they removed a lot of style to rebuild it anew: so they got a TYPO3 site
with XHTML, barrier-free, HTML5, bootstrap, ... while others were two
steps behind.

As the default CEs in TYPO3 are not really capabale to configure
responsive data there are multiple attempts to build up new CEs (instead
of adapting the existing CEs to the new needs).
until now CSC developed to the new needs (e.g. responsive image handling
with 6.2), so it takes one or two years.

you can see the development if you update an old site and need to
include older CSC-rendering to stay compatible with the older CSS.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html