[TYPO3-english] [backend] real name truncated to the first letter when logging in

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jul 14 11:31:42 CEST 2014

Am 14.07.14 10:02, schrieb Jerome P:
> Thanks for your answer !
> I didn't know about this kind of routine thing. However I tried with
> "Témp admin" to log in/out several times, with and without clearing the
> cache, checking the 3 boxes you were talking about and navigating inside
> the page tree (I opened/closed several nodes), but it seems it had no
> effect.... argh.
>
> But the strange update of the real name must really appear at the login
> ; I tried again, modifiying my real name by the correct one, then
> refreshing BE (and "Jérôme P." correctly appears in the top right corner
> of the BE) and logging out, but immediately after the login with my
> user, my real name in the top right corner is "J". It seems it's
> immediately updated (but how could a simple login truncate my real name
> ???? it's incomprehensible...), I didn't even navigate through the BE
> modules/pages/menus. And obviously, when I go to check the database the
> realname field inside be_users table contains a "J".

on second thought: there must be a database update on login as there is
a field 'last_login' which propably is updated on login.
furthermore there might be an update if your password is not hashed
correctly:
on older installations the password is only md5 hashed, after
update/installation of sha and salted_passwords the passwords are
changed (with a scheduler task or) on the next login.

do you have some special login-handling (like openId) installed?

just another idea where your name can be truncated.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html