[TYPO3-english] caching of config.baseurl on multiple TYPO3 enviroments.

De Contardi Riccardo Riccardo.DeContardi at bhuman.it
Mon Jul 14 11:33:39 CEST 2014

Hi all, I've got a little question for you:

I and my team tried to manage a new TYPO3 project in this way:

Three developers have a TYPO3 distribution on their local machine (a
laptop); each of them have configured a different host name for the
site:e.g.

http://mydevsite.it

http://myotherdevsiteagain.it

http://myotherurlfordevsite.it:8888

But the database is in common between them: in  fact it has been
installed on a remote machine.

The folders like fileadmin and typo3conf are synchronized via Git
between the developers .(except for LocalConfiguration.php and
PackageStates.php)

the config.baseurl=whatever has been written inside a file
/fileadmin/LocalConfiguration/Localconfiguration.txt included in the
Typoscript (this file is ignored by Git, too).

My problem: it seems that TYPO3 caches the baseUrl each time I perform a
clear cache from the backend, and it writes the baseurl of the last
person who cleares the cache, so obviously the other two people will see
the site "broken" (without styles).

I've found that the only way to avoid this behavior is disabling the
cache.

Do you have some trick/suggestion for me? What can I do apart from
disabling the whole cache via config.no_cache=1 or &no_cache=1 on
querystring?

Thank you very much for your answers and best regards

Riccardo De Contardi - Web Developer
B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it <http://www.bhuman.it/>

Riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Corso di Porta Nuova, 46 - 20121 Milano
TEL +39-02-20.23.271 - FAX +39-02-20.240.561

Chi riceve il presente messaggio e' tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto per errore. In tal caso e' pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e, tenuto conto delle responsabilita connesse all'indebito utilizzo e/o divulgazione del messaggio e/o delle informazioni in esso contenute, voglia cancellare l'originale e distruggere le varie copie o stampe.

The receiver of this message is required to check if he/she has received it erroneously. If so, the receiver is requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message and/or the information contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.