[TYPO3-english] Re: [backend] real name truncated to the first letter when logging in

Jerome P portal.j at hotmail.fr
Mon Jul 14 10:02:10 CEST 2014

Thanks for your answer !
I didn't know about this kind of routine thing. However I tried with "Témp admin" to log in/out several times, with and without clearing the cache, checking the 3 boxes you were talking about and navigating inside the page tree (I opened/closed several nodes), but it seems it had no effect.... argh.

But the strange update of the real name must really appear at the login ; I tried again, modifiying my real name by the correct one, then refreshing BE (and "Jérôme P." correctly appears in the top right corner of the BE) and logging out, but immediately after the login with my user, my real name in the top right corner is "J". It seems it's immediately updated (but how could a simple login truncate my real name ???? it's incomprehensible...), I didn't even navigate through the BE modules/pages/menus. And obviously, when I go to check the database the realname field inside be_users table contains a "J".