[TYPO3-english] Some Typoscript menus from 4.5 not working on 6.2

Braulio J. Solano-Rojas braulio at solsoft.biz
Mon Jul 14 07:13:51 CEST 2014

El 11/07/2014 12:27 a.m., bernd wilke escribió:
> Am 10.07.14 19:53, schrieb Braulio J. Solano-Rojas:
>> Hello,
>>
>> El 08/07/2014 01:40 a.m., bernd wilke escribió:
>
>>> as you does not state what goes wrong we can only guess.
>>
>> Of course.  I apologize.
>>
>> For a structure like:
>>
>> +----1
>> |
>> +----2
>> |    |
>> |    +----a
>> |    |
>> |    +----b
>> |    |
>> |    +----c
>> |
>> +----3
>> |
>> +----4
>>
>> That code should generate something like:
>>
>> <ul id="nav">
>>    <li>
>>      <ul>
>>      </ul>
>>    </li>
>>    <li>
>>    </li>
>>    <li>
>>    </li>
>>    <li>
>>    </li>
>> </ul>
>>
>> But it generates something like:
>>
>> <ul id="nav">
>>      <ul>
>>      </ul>
>>    </li>
>>    </li>
>>    </li>
>>    </li>
>> </ul>
>>
>> The CASE is broken but it has work a lot of versions of TYPO3.  It is
>> very strange.
>
> the complete rendering of stdWrap.cObject is missing.
> on a second sight: stdWrap only is a container for other functions and
> no object by itself. so I would consider the construct
>      stdWrap.cObject
> as failure (and output from earlier TYPO3 versions as bug ;) ).
> you just might use another function to give a result.
> maybe you can do with
> before.cObject
> or
> stdWrap.wrap.cObject
>
> [...]
>> The site was a Joomla! site I migrated a long ago.  That typoscript menu
>> was the solution I created to port the Joomla! behavior to TYPO3.
>> Doktype 15 is a doktype I created as a separator.  I did that because at
>> that time the realurl extension did not take into account the TYPO3
>> separators. I do not know if that behavior is still the same.
>
> you know there is a pagetype separator in TYPO3?

Yes, I know, but I did not found a way to have submenus for separators.
  And I think it is still not possible.

Also at that time the realurl extension had no support for "Exclude from
speaking URL" and I needed it.  I just remembered that it was
implemented later because I gave some arguments to the author (but it
was too late for the project).  There was a reason for my implementation.

> [...]
>
>> problem but I am trying to find out if it is a new bug and if I should
>> report it.  Or maybe something has been deprecated on 6.2.  But from my
>> point of view the code is valid even if complicated.
>
> from time to time it is easier ad faster to rebuild something anew than
> to debug and understand again. :)

Yes, I agree.  But sometimes complicated has a reason too.  ;)

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback.

Bests,

B.