[TYPO3-english] QueryResultInterface for latest tt_content images

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 14:33:14 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I've built a new extension that maps tt_content table. I would like to
get the images from the latest created tt_content elements.

I would like to transform this SQL sentence:

     SELECT tt_content.image
     FROM (SELECT * FROM tt_content ORDER BY tt_content.crdate DESC)
tt_content
     GROUP BY tt_content.pid, tt_content.sys_language_uid
     HAVING tt_content.pid in (2,3,4,5) AND tt_content.sys_language_uid = 0
     LIMIT 0,4

into a QueryResultInterface for my content repository.

But I am not sure if I can use GROUP and HAVING clausules with existing
functions for the $query.
I saw I can use a "raw sql" through statement() function, but I don't
want to use that.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio