[TYPO3-english] Some Typoscript menus from 4.5 not working on 6.2

Braulio J. Solano-Rojas braulio at solsoft.biz
Thu Jul 10 19:53:15 CEST 2014

Hello,

El 08/07/2014 01:40 a.m., bernd wilke escribió:
> Am 08.07.14 04:13, schrieb Braulio J. Solano-Rojas:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope everyone is well.  ;)
>>
>> I just migrated a TYPO3 4.5 site to 6.2.  This is the first migration
>> I do.
>>
>> I had some issues but the one that is really puzzling me is some
>> Typoscript menus that are not working anymore.
>>
>> The menu breaks in a CASE cObject and only displays in the HTML level 2
>> submenus.  I don't get what's wrong.
>>
>> lib.mainMenu = HMENU
> [...]
>> }
>>

>> Any help or hint will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ;)
>

> as you does not state what goes wrong we can only guess.

Of course.  I apologize.

For a structure like:

+----1

+----2
|    |
|    +----a
|    |
|    +----b
|    |
|    +----c

+----3

+----4

That code should generate something like:

<ul id="nav">
   <li>
     <ul>
     </ul>
   </li>
   <li>
   </li>
   <li>
   </li>
   <li>
   </li>
</ul>

But it generates something like:

<ul id="nav">
     <ul>
     </ul>
   </li>
   </li>
   </li>
   </li>
</ul>

The CASE is broken but it has work a lot of versions of TYPO3.  It is
very strange.

> on first sight I can not see big problems aside of the very complicated
> <li>-wraps
> I would use only wrapitemsAndSub and no mix of different wraps to open
> the li-tags
>
> the big CASE is used to open pages with type 'external url' in new
> windows, which can be done in a global configuration.
> and in your system there is an additional doktype 15 I don't know. these
> pages are shown with their title while others are shown by their
> nav_title.  maybe a complicated solution for a construct like
>
>      lib.mainMenu.1.NO.stdWrap.field = nav_title // title

I appreciate very much your feedback.

The site was a Joomla! site I migrated a long ago.  That typoscript menu
was the solution I created to port the Joomla! behavior to TYPO3.
Doktype 15 is a doktype I created as a separator.  I did that because at
that time the realurl extension did not take into account the TYPO3
separators. I do not know if that behavior is still the same.

I can change the typoscript, maybe it is time to improve it, it is not a
problem but I am trying to find out if it is a new bug and if I should
report it.  Or maybe something has been deprecated on 6.2.  But from my
point of view the code is valid even if complicated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

B.