[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and character encoding problems

Peter Linzenkirchner liste at lisardo.de
Wed Jul 9 18:23:07 CEST 2014

Hello Pero,

try this:

mysqldump -u USER -p --default-character-set=latin1 datenbank_name > datenbank_name.sql

open the dump in a text editor (charset utf8!) and change in SET NAMES latin1 or DEFAULT Max. CHARSET latin1  all latin1 to utf8

then load the dump back in the database.

this normaly fixes the problem for me.

Peter

Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Peter_Linzenkirchner
Web: http://www.typo3-lisardo.de