[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3 6.2] backend files browsing error : You are not allowed to create directories in the folder "

Jerome P portal.j at hotmail.fr
Tue Jul 8 17:54:04 CEST 2014

Thank you for your answer :-)

>> Surprisingly, all these problems doesn't affect the t3quixplorer
>> extension ; I can use the "Quixplorer" module in the BE without any
>> errors, the file tree and all its content is listed, I can browse it.

> t3quixplorer does not try to insert thumbnails in processed-folders

Oh, so it's why quixplorer works... thanks for the explanation.

Here are the 3 File Storage records I have :

=> name : "/ (auto-created)"
=> configuration :
    driver: local filesystem
    base path: /
    path type: absolute
    uses case insensitive identifiers: YES
    is default storage: NO
    Folder for manipulated and temporary images etc.: <nothing written>
=> access :
    is browsable: YES
    is publicly available: NO
    is writable: YES
    is online: YES

 => for this one, there is also a yellow box with a warning (at the top of these configuration informations) :
        Storage is not public
        The storage has been marked to be "publicly available" but is not detected as such by the driver. The setting has been reverted.

=> name : "fileadmin/ (auto-created)"
=> configuration :
    driver: local filesystem
    base path: fileadmin/
    path type: relative
    uses case insensitive identifiers: YES
    is default storage: NO
    Folder for manipulated and temporary images etc.: <nothing written>
=> access :
    is browsable: YES
    is publicly available: YES
    is writable: YES
    is online: YES

=> name : "test (auto-created)"
=> configuration :
    driver: local filesystem
    base path: user_upload/
    path type: absolute
    uses case insensitive identifiers: YES
    is default storage: NO
    Folder for manipulated and temporary images etc.: <nothing written>
=> access :
    is browsable: YES
    is publicly available: NO
    is writable: YES
    is online: YES

I didn't read a lot of doc about FAL and file storage records, so I'm quite a newbie about this.
But there is no default storage, shouldn't the "fileadmin/ (auto-created)" record be a default storage ?
And like you said, I should put "_processed_" in the void fields "Folder for manipulated and temporary images etc.", right ?

However I don't understand why the getRootLevelFolder() function return "/" ; I suppose it's because the "/ (auto-created)" storage is used, but why is it used ? Because it's the first in the list of my 3 File Storage records ?

Also, I checked some of my mount points.
As an example, for TYPO3 4.5, I had for my "PHP" mount point :
-    path: php
-    base path: relative ../fileadmin/

And after migration to TYPO3 6.2, I have now for this same mount point :
-    storage: fileadmin/ (auto-created)
-    folder: [INVALID VALUE ("/php")]

I checked other mount points, and it seems they all have this same INVALID VALUE problem. I don't really understand why ; and an other strange thing is, with the same example, when I look at the other items of this drop-down list for "folder", I can find the item /php/ ! Again, same situation for the other mount points.
Is it a different problem ? If so, I will start an other discussion about it later.