[TYPO3-english] Reaurl for /typo47

Calum MacLeod pangur at sky.com
Tue Jul 8 09:58:58 CEST 2014

I have a shared hosting account with SSH access on a2hosting.com. Using Scriptaculous, I am able to install Typo3 6.2 and to fetch the Introduction package as an extension.

When I click on a page in the page tree in the back end, it displays correctly.  When I click on any menu item or page link in the front end, I get a 404 error.

As I cannot switch off realurl as Introduction package requires it, I guess that the problem may arise from the fact that my installation is in /typo47 rather than in the top level directory. I can edit pages and page elements.

I am wondering if someone can show me how to alter .htaccess accordingly?  I need to know what to write in it or comment out.

I feel that I am so very near having a working typo3 and yet so far.

My typo3 website is at http://cardonaldparishchurch.org/typo3/ where what I am saying about the front end might be seen.

Thanks,
Calum MacLeod