[TYPO3-english] Help me find root page

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jul 8 09:17:57 CEST 2014

Am 07.07.14 19:45, schrieb francisco santos:
> Forgot to mention that the webpage is currently online at www.facinlab.com
>
> I've searched the folder structure in the server in the "www" folder and
> I've found many duplicates, but nothing any bit closer to an
> "index.html" that would give the shape of the page (like define the
> background or the footer parts that are always similar).
>
> I've tried recreating the page locally in my machine but it's tied to a
> database, which is a complete utter mess of... I don't even know what...

usually:

TYPO3 is no offline CMS, so you will not have a complete static tree of
folders and pages.
all virtual pages are rendered by index.php in the webroot. other pathes
are simulated with rewrites.

the real structure stays in the database in tables.
mostly: 'pages' and 'tt_content' the other tables contain cache,
Usermanagement (FE and BE) specific data like news, products, form data,
calendar, ... (as you need it)

as TYPO3 is no CMS you can learn to manage in a week, especially if you
have inherited such a messy installation, you will need a profi who will
guide you through the jungle and may clean up some streets for you so
you can edit page content.

I also suspect it a very old installation with a TYPO3 version out of
service and also a lot of extensions which need (security) updates.

at the moment there is a big need for updates in the TYPO3 world (update
to the 6.2 LTS) which are not doable by hobbyists and a lot of
hobby-"admins" will quit their job leaving the installations to people
with much less experience to do the job.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html