[TYPO3-english] Help me find root page

Dr. Christian A. Caroli (Domain-Verwaltung) Domain-Verwaltung at Ancient-History.yourweb.de
Mon Jul 7 23:39:35 CEST 2014

You need an access to your space (FTP)

- Create a file named "ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL" in the directory "/typo3conf/
- Open in the browser Typo3-Path/typo3/install
- Just type any password you wish
- A red box tells you the hash of the typed password
- Edit file told in the yellow box according to the instruction (differing between the Typo3 versions)
- Now reload install tool in browser and access with the new password
- In the install tool there is an option "Create backend administrator user" (in the older versions of Typo3 a subpoint of the second folder (database or similar), in the newer versions a subpoint of "Important actions")
- It must be a username not existing till now
- Logout from the install tool- in older versions you should check whether the file "ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL" is deleted
- Now you should be able to login with the new administrator account

-----Original Message-----
From: typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org [mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org] On Behalf Of francisco santos
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 11:05 PM
To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Subject: [TYPO3-english] Re: Help me find root page

Oh... now that's something I haven't thought of... that explains why there is a lot of content on the page that I don't see in the back office.

So... let's assume that the "developer" account is "lost" and we don't know the password. Is there a way to create a new one or recover the aforementioned one?
I have access to the CPanel page, which pretty much gives me full control of the server (I think)... that should help right?