[TYPO3-english] Help me find root page

Dr. Christian A. Caroli (Domain-Verwaltung) Domain-Verwaltung at Ancient-History.yourweb.de
Mon Jul 7 20:20:50 CEST 2014

According to your backend screenshot you only an editor account. I think the template uses contents hidden for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org [mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org] On Behalf Of francisco santos
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 7:43 PM
To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Subject: [TYPO3-english] Help me find root page

Hello,

I have a problem and need your help (go figure...) I'm gonna cut to the chase.

I've been handed a *complete* website, that's been made using the typo3 tool... I was expected to make some minor changes, such as to change the twitter/facebook links and little else.
FYI I've learned my html, css, a hint of javascript and php... but I've never worked before with this tool (and the "developer" who started this left only a server filled with rubble and thousands of generated php code, not to mention thousands of unorganized backups).

I've checked the back office of the website and figured my way around most of the website. I was able to correct some contact errors and change the business address.

But the things I want to change are (I think) related to the root page configuration that typo3 generates, I'm talking about the "useful link" and facebook/twitter links in the footer.

After that I also want to edit some of the JQuery code that's used.

I've attached 2 images. The first I highlighted the components I want to edit and the second shows you the structure in the back office, this to show there is no "useful links" or the facebook/Twitter part as well as there is no JQuery components that I can see/edit.

Is there a way I can visualize the pages in raw html, so I can edit the links I want?
How do I find and edit these components? (that's the bewildering problem I can't seem to get behind.)