[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 and character encoding problems

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:26:48 CEST 2014

I tried many things but nothing works. In this conversion scripts it is
always assumed that tables/columns are in Latin1 but all my table
definitions are UTF8. For example this is how dump of pages table looks
like:

CREATE TABLE `pages` (
   `uid` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
   `pid` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
   `t3ver_oid` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
   PRIMARY KEY (`uid`),
   KEY `t3ver_oid` (`t3ver_oid`,`t3ver_wsid`),
   KEY `parent` (`pid`,`sorting`,`deleted`,`hidden`),
   KEY `alias` (`alias`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1544 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = @saved_cs_client */;

i don't know anymore what to do. Btw. one more interesting thing. If i
do export via TYPO3 4.4.0 and import into TYPO3 4.7.19 all is fine, so
TYPO3 in fact knows how to properly dump and import data! Maybe i should
check import/export TYPO3 code :-) Problem is that my site is too big
for import/export.

regards.