[TYPO3-english] Extbase Scheduler Task: Pagetitle for given PID

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Fri Jul 4 15:34:24 CEST 2014

That's exactly what I tried to explain: "page title" is kind of misleading because it has different meanings in different contexts. I didn't want to make you call it something else. I just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same things.

If you're a programmer, it's obvious that you're talking about "database view" and want to have the record title. You just talked about that by thinking about the "extbase/fluid page object". So I'm aware of the fact that you think in terms of either domain objects or even database.

If you're an editor, you most likely think in terms of "what I see in the backend". Because that's what editors do: They type stuff into the backend. Depending on some pageTS, that's most likely what is returned by the BackendUtility class.

If you are "a website owner", like "my employees put my business report on my website, and I now want to know how often it is downloaded on from a particular list", then you don't care about database or page tree but want to have that list according to frontend URIs.

And this is what I want to point out. I didn't want to provide various of other ways to get to the frontend page title or whatever. I just wanted to clarify that we all here are talking in IT terms here.

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de