[TYPO3-english] Exporting 6.1 pages: images (sys_file/FAL) missing

pcworld 0188801 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 31 14:07:01 CET 2014

Hello,

when exporting TYPO3 6.1 pages (not the root element) to t3d files, it
does not include references to pictures used in content elements.
The missing pictures are stored in the sys_file table, but their pid is
always 0 so they are not exported. I have found this bug report from
seven months ago, however it doesn't look like it's being worked on (not
even a milestone): http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49227

Our current workaround is to temporarily set the pids of the needed
sys_file rows to the page ID we want to export. Same with the FAL entry
in sys_file_storage.
Import works then somehow, though width and height are 0, we fix that by
running the imagesize.php script from http://forge.typo3.org/issues/46020.
Thumbnails in the page overviews in the backend are still broken, but I
did not look further into that since that's not a big issue.

Am I missing something or is this not-so-convenient workaround really
necessary? Given that 6.2 LTS is soon to be released, to me it seems
this feature should have a high priority. Is this what the developers
mean by "Importer / Exporter with IRRE (needed to create T3D
distributions with FAL references)"
(https://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-cms-62-final-release-postponed/)?

Thanks