[TYPO3-english] Newly created users cannot log in .

José Fournier jaaf.forums at zoraldia.com
Mon Jan 27 07:18:52 CET 2014

Hi,
I just started with typo3 2 days ago. Thank to some nice people here on the forum, I could install a blankpackage then create my first template and stylesheet.
I am now dealing with users. I fact I want to see how I can do things in order to have standard frontend users with restricted access to some private pages and privilegied frontend users with full access.

I followed the create users and groups tutorial that is not that simple for a beginner as it starts one step further than the actual state you have after having installed a blankpackage (I mean folder for users and groups are already created and users and groups already declared).

Whatever it is here is what I did:

Under the site's root I created a folder "Frontend users and groups" (as I guessed I should as the tutorial doesn't say anything on this)
In the "behaviour" tab I chose for "Use as a container" the "Website Users" value (the only possible choice). this resulted in a user icon appearing in front of the folder's name.
In the List module I created under this folder a Website Usergroup called "privilegied"
Still in the List module I created under this folder 2 users, one belonging to "others" and one belonging to "privilegied"
For each user I did the following :
    - redirected on home page at login
    - defined access start and stop at some days before today and a month after (access tab)
    - defined the record as Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser
    - entered required data (username, password, group)

Added a login form on the Home page

Then I disconnected from the backend and tried to connect from the frontend ' s login form. For each user I was told

"An error occurred during login. Most likely you didn't enter the username or password correctly. Be certain that you enter them precisely as they are, including upper/lower case. Another possibility is that cookies might be disabled in your web browser."

My brower is correctly set.

I guess I should probably tune some other settings but I cannot find the information.
Thank you for help.