[TYPO3-english] Page access to several FE usergroups

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:55:26 CET 2014

Hi Mikel,

thanks for your answer. That's what I exactly wanted to do, but the
thing is I have several sets of two subgroups I wanted to check, so I
had to create one parent group for every two subgroups. I wanted to
check if there was a simpler solution, but it is Ok.

Now my problem is that I have the next pagetree:

+ Root
    + Page 1
       + Subpage 1.1 (G1)
       + Subpage 1.2 (PG1)
    + Page 2
       + Subpage 2.1 (G3)
       + Subpage 2.2 (PG2)

where:

- Root is a shortcut to first subpage (Page 1),
- Page 1 is a shortcut to first subpage (Subpage 1.1),
- Page 2 is a shortcut to first subpage (Subpage 2.1),
- Subpage 1.1 is protected with G1 FE usergroup,
- Subpage 1.2 is protected with PG1 FE usergroup. PG1 is a parent of two
subgroups: G1 + G2.
- Subpage 1.1 is protected with G3 FE usergroup,
- Subpage 1.1 is protected with PG2 FE usergroup. PG2 is a parent of two
subgroups: G3 + G4.

Now imagine the situation where a FE user with the group PG2 (G3 + G4)
logs in the frontend from the Root page. As he doesn't have permissions
to access the subpages of Page 1, he will see in the frontend a very
nice TYPO3 Exception:

The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!*
*
Any idea how to solve this problem?*
**
*Thanks in advance,