[TYPO3-english] more complex frontend editing configuration

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Jan 22 12:32:26 CET 2014

hi,

I'm creating a site where there are admin-only editable columns (header
and footer areas) that are inhereted to subpages. These header and
footer columns are situated in the root of the site, and this root page
can only be edited by the site admin.

The frontend editing shows these columns/content elements within it as
editable also - the backend user sees the edit icons. He/she can't save
the editing, but the icons are there. And when using Aloha these areas
are surrounded with the yellow edit border.

This is of course very confusing looking. I would want to show with edit
icons only the elements that really are editable for that backend user.
So two questions:

1. Is it normal behaviour that the edit icons are visible, even though
the backend user is not allowed to edit the element in question? Or is
it my insufficient configuration?

2. Is it possible to disable editing of some columns in a page from a
backend user/group? I want some columns to be editable for some groups
and some columns editable for other groups within same page, possible?

--
Kind regards,
Katja Lampela