[TYPO3-english] Typo3 CLI and PHPUnit

John Foushee john.foushee at atlanticbt.com
Tue Jan 21 21:44:22 CET 2014

I'm trying to set up PHPUnit for Typo3. I've installed the PHPUnit extension as well as the PHPUnit CLI extension. I'd like the PHPUnit tests to be run on a separate test database. What's the best way of making Typo3's CLI bootstrap run with a different db config?

As of now, when I run the PHPUnit command

==
/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh phpunit ./typo3conf/ext/phpunit/TestExtensions/aaa
==

I see the following output

----
PHPUnit 3.7.22 by Sebastian Bergmann.

FF

Time: 0 seconds, Memory: 16.00Mb

There were 2 failures:

1) Warning
No tests found in class "Tx_Aaa_Tests_OneTest".

/var/www/typo3conf/ext/phpunit/Classes/TestRunner/CliTestRunner.php:43
/var/www/typo3conf/ext/phpunit/Scripts/ManualCliTestRunner.php:27

2) Warning
No tests found in class "Tx_Aaa_Tests_Fixtures_AnotherTest".

/var/www/typo3conf/ext/phpunit/Classes/TestRunner/CliTestRunner.php:43
/var/www/typo3conf/ext/phpunit/Scripts/ManualCliTestRunner.php:27

FAILURES!
Tests: 2, Assertions: 0, Failures: 2.
----

I'm running on a CentOS 6.4 LAMP stack with Typo3 v6.1

I'm quite new to Typo3 so any advice would be appreciated.