[TYPO3-english] tx_news Custom Templates by using the Layout selector

Marc Grümmert mg at noted.de
Mon Jan 20 18:27:33 CET 2014

I need to select more than three custom templates for list view. But it seems that only two are possible. When I select the 3th layout nothing is displayed (no news, no debug) the page is left blank.

I have written the following in TsConfig
tx_news.templateLayouts {
	1 = Layout one
	2 = Layout two
	3 = Layout three
}

and I copy the condition of the template (Templates/News/List.html) to change the layouts as you can see in the documentation here: docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/Main/Templating/Additional/Index.html

When I select the corresponding layout in the BE-Plugin and write this condition:
<f:if condition="{settings.templateLayout} == 1"> everything is perfect
<f:if condition="{settings.templateLayout} == 2"> everything is perfect
<f:if condition="{settings.templateLayout} == 3"> nothing happens, no news, no debug

Does anyone have similar experiences?