[TYPO3-english] Installation Problem

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jan 20 08:35:22 CET 2014

Am 20.01.14 04:20, schrieb Paul Smith:
> I've tried to search the english forum for help with the installation of
> the government version but cannot find any help other than one post.  I
> have unzipped the version and ftp'd it to a directory called webdev in
> the root of the site I want to change over to TYPO3.  The problem is
> when I tried to install using the install tool I got an error stating
> there was no "ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL" file so I created one and made it
> 777.  Then I refreshed the browser and got a php error referencing no
> "LocalConfiguration.php" so I created that and also made it 777.  Next I
> refreshed the browser one more time and now I see this
> "LocalConfiguration invalid."  Can someone point me in the right
> direction as to how to install this cms?  What am I missing?

As these two files would be created automativally after a fresh install
I think your webserver missed some rights in that folder. try to enable
apache to write in the folder typo3conf/. then remove those two files.

ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL may not harm anything, but an empty
Localconfiguration.php missed everything of configuration.

You also may start the install tool by hand (after creating
ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL):
http://<your domain>/typo3/install/index.php
and start the configuration from zero.

bernd