[TYPO3-english] 6.2.0 Extension Whitelist

Thomas Skierlo tsk at pix-pro.eu
Sun Jan 19 11:23:03 CET 2014

Hi,

I started to use 6.2.0 a couple of weeks ago and I had some problems in the beginning. Some of them were related to depreciation messages (usually easy to solve), others to a "better" utf8 collation - "utf8_unicode_ci" instead of "utf8_general_ci" and there are even some which seem to "just not work at all", like indexed_search.

Hopefully others will start using 6.2 too. To ease this step it might be helpful to start a kind of whitelist. Not here, where it will scroll away, but in a central place (Wiki). Surely this list would bear some risk, since sometimes errors are related to multiple factors. But it could be a great starting point for brave people.

We all know that there a two species of extensions. The ones which are really essential for nearly any TYPO3 setup (like realUrl, static_info_tables, news, CE-builders and some major sys_extensions) and the huge majority of "color my headlines blue instead of red" extensions. I'm just talking about the first set.

I'm not talking about a new and complex code-quality tool, just a list, possibly with some commenting option.

Regards,

Thomas

p.s. Maybe it already exists and I just can't find it?