[TYPO3-english] Re: Content missing UTF8 characters

Thomas Skierlo tsk at pix-pro.eu
Fri Jan 17 11:41:16 CET 2014

Hi Casper,

Quote: Casper Donau (donau) wrote on Fri, 17 January 2014 10:57
> Hi
>
> Content at my site wont show as utf8 and because of that Im missing some characters: I then found and installed a extension called convert2utf8.

It is never a good idea to install and use an extension for conversion until you exactly know what you are doing and what the problem is.

First it would be helpful to know your environment.
Is it a new site or an "upgraded" one
Did you check the db using a tool, like mySqlAdmin? What is current collation of the server, the connection and the db/tables?