[TYPO3-english] 6.2.0 Install Tool Update Wizard: MySQL-Error

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Wed Jan 15 20:13:51 CET 2014

You need it, because the connection needs to be in that collation as well.
Default seems to be utf8_general_ci.

With this setting you define the connection to use Unicode_ci and therefore the CAST method will use the correct collation,
which in turn makes the string comparison in the SQL query correct again.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member