[TYPO3-english] Formatting dynamic FCE

Ron Miner sirronminer at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 13 13:11:38 CET 2014

Hi!

I'm a newbie with Typo3. Althought I'm trying to learn Typoscript, the information I got is very confusing and sparse.

I'm trying to create a dynamic FCE composed by 2 divs. In the first one I introduce a javascript code via TS. In the second div I want to introduce repetitive elements composed by <li> elements with a link. If the editor, via the backend, doesn't introduce any link element the TS create a dynamic <li> list with random pages of its next next level of inheritance.

I have a FCE mapping as:
<!-- Here some bannerjavascript -->

<ul>

</ul>

I mapped <div id="banner"> and add to its xml structure:

<TypoScript><![CDATA[
10 = TEXT
10.value (
  <script>
  </script>
)
]]></TypoScript>

For the <div id="list> I mapped it like in the "Documentation  Futuristic Template Building" section "Creating a “pseudo-record” list", with the different elements ( SC, CO, EL, href attr )

With that, I could create a link list (not a valid one since it didn't have the <ul></ul> tags though).

¿How is it possible to create this link list just using TS? I want that the editor enter the different link information. If the editor forgets to enter it, the TS creates one link list reading which subpages contains the current page.

Thanks in advance

p.d: Other than the documentation wiki, is there any place where I can get a good guide to learnTypoScript?