[TYPO3-english] How to add admin user via FTP

Jost Baron jost.baron at gmx.de
Wed Jan 8 16:20:08 CET 2014

Hi Tobben,

can't you contact your former employer and ask him to remove the
contact data? I don't know the legal consequences of simply changing
some data on a website that is not your own and for which you are not
tasked to do things like that.

Anyway (since this info may be found all over the web), you can change
the install tool password by editing the file
"typo3conf/localconfig.php" (for TYPO3 < 6.0) or
"typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php" (TYPO3 >= 6.0). In these files
there is a setting "installToolPassword", change it to the md5 hash of
the desired password for the install tool. The default is
"bacb98acf97e0b6112b1d1b650b84971" for the password "joh316". In older
TYPO3's, the password is usually set multiple times, in that case you
need to change the latest occurence.

You may also want to read this wiki page:
http://wiki.typo3.org/FAQ/Reset_admin_password

Regards,
Jost