[TYPO3-english] insert records / tt_content.shortcut with pages

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Jan 2 10:49:20 CET 2014

I want to insert content from a central page into different other pages.

As an editor should be able to change this included content without
changing lot of other pages it should be included automatic, also if
there is new content on the central page.

I inserted a CE with type 'Insert Records' and inserted the central page.

this results in all the content from the central page. independent from
language and column.

restricting the records to the matching language could be done with this
Typoscript:

tt_content.shortcut.20.0.conf.pages.20.select.andWhere =
(sys_language_uid = 0 OR sys_language_uid = -1)
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
tt_content.shortcut.20.0.conf.pages.20.select.andWhere =
(sys_language_uid = 1 OR sys_language_uid = -1)
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
tt_content.shortcut.20.0.conf.pages.20.select.andWhere =
(sys_language_uid = 2 OR sys_language_uid = -1)
[global]

but this needs to be expanded for each additional language.

furthermore the restriction to the same column would be very nice, but
that would result in a very big cObject with a lot of .if.equal (that's
what came to my mind) as I already use about 20 columns in different
page-layouts

is there an easier solution? ... for languages, ... for columns?

6.1.7

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html