[TYPO3-english] Database error

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Fri Feb 28 13:26:32 CET 2014

> Hi,
>
> tynaarlo info wrote:
> > i removed the dbal folder
>
> Pretty bad idea, as this is from TYPO3 core and you should have thought that
> removing part of the core is certainly not the way to go.
>
> > now there's a new error
> >

> > Fatal error: Class '\TYPO3\CMS\Dbal\Database\DatabaseConnection' not
> > found in
> > /home/.sites/125/site129/web/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/General
> > Utility.php
> > on line 4114
> >
> > thnks for your help
>
> Mark 'dbal' as not loaded either in extList of
> typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php or typo3conf/PackageStates.php and
> remove any cache afterwards (you may do that from Install Tool if you don't
> know how to do it manually)
>
> The proper way is to use the Extension Manager and unload any extension
> (here "dbal") that you don't need.

With the original error, he's not able to enter the EM. So only the manual intervention actually helps. ;-)

I suspect this is a 6.1 installation. I recently read that there's some difference between 6.1.5 and 6.1.7 which causes DBAL to be activated.
I tried it myself and set up a blank 6.1, but didn't have any problems. So  how comes that DBAL is activated so often?
(And we know it's broken with native-mode in 6.1; for 6.2 I'm on a patch [1])

[1] https://review.typo3.org/27875

> Kind regards
>
> --
> Xavier Perseguers