[TYPO3-english] auth service that does not store user in fe_users?

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Thu Feb 27 14:10:30 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm writing an frontend user authentication service that checks the
users against a remote service.

When returning user data in getUser(), it seems that I have to return a
"uid" field, because otherwise the session cannot be saved:
> Session data could not be written to DB. Error: Column 'ses_userid'
> cannot be null

I could now hard-code an uid that is returned for all users, but don't
know if that's safe.
When I do it, the user session cannot be loaded because
fetchUserSessionFromDB() actually joins on the fe_users table.

So here are my question:
Is it possible to have an authentication services that does not store
user records in the database, without relying on hacks?

The reason I don't want to create fe_users is that I don't want
the user table to fill up with stale records of users that have long
been deleted in the remote user database.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-