[TYPO3-english] "com_simpledownload"??

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Tue Feb 25 22:19:46 CET 2014

Axel Joensson <a.joensson at web.de> wrote:

[...]

> It is difficult for me to imagine why a Russian search engine tries an
> old Joomla exploit to crack TYPO3 websites? Let's wait and see how long
> they will need to come around with another IP after I added this in the
> htaccess:
>
> order allow,deny
> deny 141.8.147.20
> allow from all
>
> Am I right that I don't have to restart Apache after changing htaccess?
> At least I didn't have to do in the past ...

Another look into the weblogs showed more and other SEs using the
similar or same requests. So I have instead "hardened" my htaccess file
with a few lines blocking some potentially malicious request.

This is however just a workaround, an extension like sr_language_menu
must not be susceptible to integrating manipulated strings into internal
URLs: It took me two calls with forged URLs like the previously named
ones to find those forged URLs in the source code of my language menu,
where they hadn't been present before.

Axel