[TYPO3-english] Section index of access restricted pages

Edmund Huggett ehuggett at xact.uk.com
Tue Feb 25 13:31:04 CET 2014

Hello list,

I am using Typo3 4.5 and templavoila! (and many mount points, which
occasionally complicate things).

I am having trouble trying to create a page that will list the element
headers (section index) from a page the user does not have access to
(either not logged in and/or not a member of any of the required
fe_groups).  To take users to this page, I think a menu showing the
restricted pages with the following typoscript should work for this
(untested, i have not got that far yet!).

showAccessRestrictedPages = {$summaryPage}
showAccessRestrictedPages.addParams = &pageID=###PAGE_ID###

I have tried two different methods for the section index, one using
CONTENT and the other HMENU, both of which work fine when the user can
access the target page but i have not been able to make either work with
the uid of a access restricted page.

Can anyone give me any hints on how i can make either of the examples
(below) work with access restricted page uid's for which the user is NOT
a member of the required groups?

Any comments greatly appreciated

-Edmund

lib.example1 = CONTENT
lib.example1.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
lib.example1 {
   table = tt_content
   select {
     pidInList = <PAGE_UID_FROM_URL>
     languageField=sys_language_uid
   }
   renderObj = TEXT
   renderObj {
     field = header
     wrap=<li>|</li>
   }
}

lib.example2 = HMENU
lib.example2 {
   special = list
   special.value = <PAGE_UID_FROM_URL>

   # First level is the page itself, so I hide it as I only want
tt_content headers
   1 = TMENU
   1.expAll = 1
   1.NO.doNotShowLink = 1

   # This level shows the headers for the page from tt_content
   2 = TMENU
   2.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
   2 {
     sectionIndex = 1