[TYPO3-english] "com_simpledownload"??

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Sun Feb 23 17:56:41 CET 2014

Hi there,

i a productive T3 installation 4.5.32 with five languages, when randomly
looking into the source code deliverred to the brwoser, I today
discovered a strange line:

index.html?option=com_simpledownload&controller=

There followed almost countless slashes with a final 0. I have no idea
were that "option" may come from, but googling for "com_simpledownload"
I found something looking like exploit scripts written for Joomla some
years ago.

Emptying all cashes removed that "option" from the links, but I'd really
like to know: How can that appear in my source code without having
anything installed that is only close such a (possible) extension?

Thx for any hints.

Axel