[TYPO3-english] Fatal error on upgrading from 6.1.7 to 6.2.0beta5

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Fri Feb 21 10:36:07 CET 2014

Hi Thomas,

> Hi Sergio,
>
> I've done the same step with a very limited set of extensions (all actively
> supported) about 1,5 month ago, and I have seen all fatals possible since
> then.
>
> Many of them could be cured by really deleting the cache (remove
> everything from /typo3temp/Cache/*). For me it seems like deleting caches
> via BE and/or Install Tool is not sufficient in some situations.
>
> Besides that, it might be a good idea to use the latest HEAD from Git. Doing
> so you'll get a chance to see new fatals, but some of the older ones are gone
> overnight.
>
> I've never seen a TYPO3 version since 4.2 with so many breaking changes and
> it's hard to imagine that we'll get a 'smooth migration' for the vast majority of
> 4.5 sites. Hopefully they'll postpone the release again, since there might be
> too many bleeding edges for production use.
>
> Regards,

instead of ranting around here, it would be really nice if you took the time to review some of the patches that actually solve these exceptions
and help with smooth upgrading.

For your convenience I add some links here:
https://review.typo3.org/27240
https://review.typo3.org/25414
https://review.typo3.org/27617
https://review.typo3.org/27024
https://review.typo3.org/26776
https://review.typo3.org/23740

Furthermore you might consider trying an upgrade again, since nearly 400 patches were merged since your last try.

Looking forward to your in-detail code reviews and tests of the patches.

Regards
Markus