[TYPO3-english] GMENU alternative ID

Adriaan Van den Bruinhorst adriaanbr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:13:02 CET 2014

Dear all,

I try to build a languagemenu and the basics work, but a few small things
don't.
I added the subpart LANGMENU to my root setup:

    # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>     # -- Language menu
>     # --------------------------------------------------------------------
>     LANGMENU = HMENU
>     LANGMENU.wrap = <ul id='langmenu'>|</ul>
>
>     LANGMENU {
>         special = language
>         special.value = 0,1,2,3
>

>         1 = GMENU
>
>         1 {
>             NO {
>                 allWrap = <li>|</li>
>                 XY = 30,20
>                  5 = IMAGE
>                  5.file = fileadmin/flags/nl_INACT.gif  ||
> fileadmin/flags/gb_INACT.gif  || fileadmin/flags/it_INACT.gif ||
> fileadmin/flags/de_INACT.gif
>             }
>
>             ACT < .NO
>             ACT = 1
>             ACT {
>                  5.file = fileadmin/flags/nl.gif  ||
> fileadmin/flags/gb.gif  || fileadmin/flags/it.gif || fileadmin/flags/de.gif
>             }
>
>             USERDEF1 < .NO
>             USERDEF1 = 1
>             USERDEF1 {
>                 target = 8
>             }
>         }
>     }

The last part USERDEF1 is not working, I would like to link all languages
that do not have a translation on that page to a fully translated page with
pageID=8. For some reason this is not working.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Adriaan