[TYPO3-english] CE wrapping other CEs with Fluid

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 18 15:08:50 CET 2014

Hi,

On 18-2-2014 11:42, "HocomAdvies [ 🌷 Wiechert Hooghwinkel ]" wrote:
> I have been following this topic with much interest since it's
> something I have been looking into for some time without getting it
> real clear. I think Jan his question is how to create a FCE including
> a flexfom in the way one creates in Templavoila. Now I saw that with
> Gridelements this can be doen more or less in the same way as in TV.
> But it is also mentioned that that's not the preferred way in
> Gridelements. So for me it is also still not very clear how to get
> the same result as in TV. There are hardly any samples around.
>
> So to make this more interesting and getting it more clear for me and
> other dealing with this matter, this is some sample created wit TV.
> Now how to get the same result with Gridlelements for an fluid
> website?

As far as I know, there is no drop-in replacement for TemplaVoilà (yet)
which allows you to define fields for text, links, etcetera and has
areas where other content elements can be placed.

Gridelements allows you to make FCEs which have only areas to place
other content elements. For example, an FCE to have three columns.

If the available fields in tt_content are suitable you can create some
configuration (in an extension) to create a new content element type
(CType) and define the rendering for that. This is fine for FCEs without
areas to put other content elements in.

A major point of criticism about TV was that it stored data in XML
structures (FlexForms). There is an extension Dynamic Content Elements
(DCE), which seems to replace some of the functionality of TV, but it
also seem to use FlexForms to store data in. It doesn't have a
point-and-click mapping tool like TV had. I don't know what the quality
of that extension is and haven't used it in a project, so I can't
recommend it.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor