[TYPO3-english] Re: Searching and TYPO3 6.2 - again

Thomas Skierlo tsk at pix-pro.eu
Thu Feb 13 03:05:34 CET 2014

Hi Oliver,

I asked for 6.2 compatibillity on the Solr List on Wed, 22 January, received good answers, tried it, failed (which is no problem at all) and got another answer from you on the very next day explaining why I should wait for an upgrade for 6.2. This was perfectly ok for me since I learned that the community version is not ready yet.

Situation with IS is different. Can't sell a fully fledged Java application server just for searching purposes to a small business with a 10 pages website. IS did it for me since 4.2. Never liked it too much, but it did it's job. I was used to Zend Search Lucene earlier, and I'm sure I'd love to evaluate Solr once it is available for 6.2.

Regards,

Thomas

Quote: Olivier Dobberkau (oli4) wrote on Tue, 11 February 2014 10:28