[TYPO3-english] Searching and TYPO3 6.2 - again

Thomas Skierlo tsk at pix-pro.eu
Mon Feb 10 17:33:36 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm struggling for some weeks now to get a very basic 6.2.0 setup working with any 'search' solution. My 1st approach was a migration of a smoothly running 6.1.6 dev-site with indexed_search to 6.2.0beta3. After the upgrade I had some heavy FAL issues, but no problems with indexed_search, which was and is working as expected.

After solving some depreciation messages and issues on other extensions involved, I decided to start over with a fresh install of latest HEAD (tried 9 different versions since beta3). Installed the very same sequence of extensions, which show no issues on 6.2.0. Since the early 4.5 I'm used to wrap my domain configuration in a private extension, which makes it easy to setup and control. It ships with it's own static template and it handles the full site setup. So in the end, the upgraded site and the fresh install share the very same setup. On the fresh install I'm getting no output from the indexed_search plugin, except the header. AdmPanel shows 'Content Object "" does not exist' at the place where the plugin markup should appear. No errors shown or logged. Page indexing of cached pages is working. It seems to just miss it's static template.

Now I guess that something must have changed between beta3 and today, breaking indexed_search - or I've possibly missed some information about important setup changes? For instance: Is 'ext_typoscript_setup' relly needed? It overrides all static templates making all configuration efforts useless.

What would help me now?

Can anyone confirm indexed_search working on a fresh install of 6.2.0? It would help me a lot to know, because in this case I have to look for an error in my configuration.

If so, is it the classical or the experimental plugin version ? (I've trieb both, with same result).

Meanwhile I've tried Solr as an alternative, but the public version seems not to be suitable for 6.2. ke_search has a good press too, but the source looked even more old-school than indexed_search. Besides that, indexed_search really should work, since it is core. I can see cosmetical changes to the code every day, like correction of typos or changes of copyright notices. This implies to me "hey, we don't have problems with this baby, since we have time to take care of minor issues.

Thanks for any help and infos,

Thomas