[TYPO3-english] 6.2 TCA pages|backend_layout (& _next_level) items changes as it should be?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Feb 10 17:12:47 CET 2014

Hi Jigal,

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> It is true that you can't change the label for items without a value.
> Maybe the solution to use 0 as default value would be better.
> Can you file an issue for this?
>
> [1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/52596
> [2] https://review.typo3.org/24882

Actually it was a 0 all time long until we change the DB field from integer
to string in order to support additional providers.
We fixed the default value from an empty string to 0 shortly after that.
Therefore the only way to get an empty string in the DB is to change the
value during the short time the backend layout providers where merged and
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25134/

Otherwise I would be really curious how you got empty strings in the DB?

For an upgrade wizard, please see:
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/25135/

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!