[TYPO3-english] 6.2 TCA pages|backend_layout (& _next_level) items changes as it should be?

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Mon Feb 10 14:16:55 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

today I came upon a change in the core TCA for the pages table, in the
items of its fields backend_layout & backend_layout_next_level.

This changed seem to have happend sometime after 6.2beta2. Or at least
that is the newest version I have locally that still has the old
configuration. Both beta4 & beta5 have the change.

Anyway, the first item of both fields were changed into an empty ID:
'items' => array(
  array('', ''),
  array('LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xlf:pages.backend_layout.none', -1)
),

Before it was:
'items' => array(
  array('', 0),
  array('LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_tca.xlf:pages.backend_layout.none', -1)
),

Is this as it should be?

Because without the ID I'm unable to edit/change that item through
TSConfig or at least I don't know a way to do it other than changing the
TCA directly in PHP somewhere?

Pleasant week everyone and
Kind regards
Stefan