[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Lack of Templates as in Joomla

grant huston granth998 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 23:34:44 CET 2014

I used to use Typo3 back around version 3.8 because it was more feature-rich than other CMS's like Joomla or Wordpress.  However, the problem was (and still is) that Typo3 lacks a decent library of quality templates, especially newer ones that include responsive designs.  Like most developers, I want modern templates to choose from that are fairly easy to customize so that I can get up and running quickly.    Joomla and Wordpress, in spite of their inferiority to Typo3 in being truly full-fledged CMS's, are extremely popular and so have a very large number of modern templates to choose from, many of which are free, and can be setup in less than an hour and customized in less than a day.

Here's my question.  Does anyone know of any online tutorials or has anyone tried converting a Joomla or Wordpress template for use in Typo3?  I wonder if you could just take the resulting HTML source code from a Joomla website from your browser, put it into an HTML editor and plugin the old tags I used to use with the older versions of Typo3, such as:

<!-- ###BREADCRUMBS### START-->

<!-- ###BREADCRUMBS### END-->

<!--###LEFTNAV### START-->

<!--###LEFTNAV### STOP-->

<!-- ###CONTENT### START-->

 <!-- ###CONTENT### END-->

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make this work?  Anyone know how to convert other templates or where to find better ones that work with Typo3?